How to Can Peaches in Light Syrup
Learning how to can peaches at home is a delicious and easy way to preserve peaches for later. Canning peaches is a water bath canning process, and this recipe for canned peaches can be made with honey or sugar!
Prep Time 30 Mins
Cook Time 25 Mins
Total Time 55 Mins
Servings 6 Quarts
- 6 wide mouth quart jars
- 6 ring and lid sets
- 15 pounds Fresh Peaches
- 6 cups Sugar or Honey (see recipe for ratio of light syrup)
- Wash and blanch peaches in boiling water. Dunk in cold water and peel right away.
Prep jars for canning and keep warm until ready to can.
- Prepare light syrup as follows:
With Sugar: Mix 2 cups sugar with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Keep warm until peaches are ready.
With Honey: Mix 1 1/2 cups honey with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Keep warm until peaches are ready.
If you need more syrup, increase by using the same ratios as listed above.
- Halve peaches and remove pits. Pack peach halves (or slices or chunks) into the hot jars and cover with left over peach juice.
- Once juice is gone, fill jars with light syrup leaving 1/2" headspace. Process in a boiling water bath: 20 minutes for pints, and 25 minutes for quarts.
- Remove jars fro water bath and place on folded towel on the counter. Allow to cool completely before moving.